… but would certainly like to. This lighthouse stands on the very edge of the world and watches over the seas at Neist Point, Isle of Skye. After a trip to Arniston last year, I developed a burning affinity for these beacons of light… I also happen to have a thing for the Scottish (my mixed genetic code): most especially Skye and Talisker– the local (and only) whiskey produced in the region. It’s a sweet, smoky and smooth and the favourite of another writer Robert Louis Stevenson who celebrated in verse: “The king o’ drinks, as I conceive it, Talisker, Isla, or Glenlivet.” Sound advice. Dr Whiskey (hmmm sounds like my kind of doc) rates it as one of the best whiskeys he’s tasted. So, one day… an adventure to end of the earth. Who’s coming??
- @traveldudes Sandy Bay. It's like being on a desert island... except we went during the Argus & got mugged, naked #TTOT 1 hour ago
- RT @earthXplorer: “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks" ~Muir instagram.com/p/ZkANbdM0Ss/ 5 hours ago
- RT @AmazonMusicUK: We've got some more free music for you! Download a FREE 3-track EP from @noahandthewhale: amzn.to/16JCQmK 5 hours ago
- The joys of having boys... walked into a dark kitchen and stepped on a toad they caught and brought in as a gift. 16 hours ago
- 'When I can't touch you...' the fist of fate at two hundred & thirty two degrees wp.me/p2Mmhm-mh Do You Like To Read ~ Strand Of Oaks 17 hours ago
- RT @WHSmithcouk: ‘How to Talk to Girls at Parties’ by @neilhimself available as digital exclusive FREE ebook for a very limited time! http:… 1 day ago
- Best of luck @uMaNtaka! Sure you'll ace it 1 day ago
- ...but love was never finished... it had the right of prophecy. He said, 'I'll see you on the day beyond days.' The Vinter's Luck ~ E Knox 1 day ago
- RT @BestMovieLine: “Death isn't sad. The sad thing is: most people don't live at all.” –Nick Nolte ‘Peaceful Warrior’ 2006 1 day ago
- 'On an island in the heart...' honour at two hundred & thirty one degrees wp.me/p2Mmhm-mc Like the Wheel ~ The Tallest Man on Earth 1 day ago
Looking for:ancient precious things Be inspired! Eating out Even cowgirls get the blues eX-files Letters from limbo Lines and rhymes... myths & madness On screen... Out and About poetry Ranting and raving Relationships and new hope Relationships and other disasters Retail therapy stroke of luck The Narci Uncategorized What's cooking... What's in a glass... What's on the decks... What's read... win! win! win!
Words, words, wordsbreak up breakup Cape Town coffee competition Dax Death De Trafford Dr. McPolar dream Dream King dreams Duke D. Nile heart home Hout Bay lighthouse Loki London love Ma Nguni Morpheus moving Mumford and Sons Nate Maingard Neil Gaiman Pa Nguni poem quote Scarborough signs soundtrack South Africa story stroke thank you The Bay The Drama Queen The Mercenary The National Tom Waits Tori Amos truth Write Club writing
Top Posts & Pages